Originally established in 1740, the business was bought by the Vaux family in 1886. The business was in two parts, a high class grocery/ delicatessen and an animal feeds section. In the early seventies, the arrival of the supermarkets saw the business close the grocery shop to concentrate on the farm feeds side.
We currently operate from an old maltings warehouse, not far from the centre of Pontefract. Our aim is to stock a good range of basic essentials for most farm animals and pets. We try to ensure that all our stock turns over quickly to maintain freshness. Products not kept in stock are often available from our suppliers wthin a matter of days.
As well as selling to the public from our warehouse, we also offer a scheduled local delivery service. We are located to the South East of Pontefract town centre, approx 100 yards from Baghill Station. It is easier to approach us from the direction of the Station, from Midland Road or Walkergate